Partick Thistle 1-1 Kilmarnock

Robbie Muirhead's late strike earned Kilmarnock a draw to leave Partick Thistle still looking for their first home league win this season.

The youngster netted after Kris Boyd's penalty kick had been parried by Paul Gallacher, with Aaron Taylor-Sinclair sent off for conceding the spot-kick.

It was heartbreak for Thistle who controlled the majority of the match.

Kallum Higginbotham's overhead kick had given Thistle an early lead but they were unable to add to their advantage.

And so Alan Archibald's find themselves without a victory in 11 Scottish Premiership matches on home soil and slipping to second bottom in the table.

The hosts could not have got off to a better start with Higginbotham's terrific opener.

Partick Thistle's Kallum Higginbotham celebrates after scoring against Kilmarnock
Higginbotham gave Thistle an early lead

Killie captain Manuel Pascali could only clear a long throw towards Higginbotham 10 yards out and he adjusted well to beat Craig Samson with an acrobatic effort.

With goalkeeper Scott Fox picking up a heel injury in training, Paul Gallacher made only his second appearance for Thistle and also took over the captain's armband in the absence of Sean Welsh.

Gallacher only had to deal with a few passbacks in the opening 20 minutes with Thistle a frequent threat at the other end.

Stephen O'Donnell shot wide from 20 yards after a surging run and Higginbotham also came close to adding a second as he blasted over under pressure inside the six-yard box.

Muirhead was booked for diving just after the half-hour mark following a challenge from Thistle's new signing Lee Mair.

Higginbotham along with Steven Lawless and Lyle Taylor were giving the visitors defence a difficult time with their creative link-up play.

Thistle looked the more composed side and came close from a Taylor-Sinclair free-kick which was turned away by Samson.

Boyd had his first effort at goal on the hour mark, turning his marker to to create space for a shot which flew wide of Gallacher's left-hand post.

Higginbotham though was the star attraction for the home team and he eluded four Killie defenders only for his neat cutback to find no takers.

Killie came to life in the last 10 minutes, posing a greater threat to the home goal.

Boyd was denied by Gallacher when clean through and the ball broke to substitute William Gros, whose follow-up was headed off the line by Conrad Balatoni.

But, in the final minute, Taylor-Sinclair brought down Gros to concede a penalty and suffer a red card.

Boyd's spot-kick was parried by Gallacher but Muirhead was the first to pounce and slot home with his right foot.

Top Stories