Juventus vs Benfica
Juventus 0 V Benfica 0
- FT 90' +8
- HT 0-0
- agg 1-2
UEFA Europa League Date: Thursday, 1st May Kick off: 20:05 BST Venue: Juventus Stadium
- Benfica Dismissal Pérez 67'
- Juventus Dismissal Vucinic 89'
- Benfica Dismissal Markovic 89'
Match details Top
Ten-man Benfica survived a surge of late Juventus pressure to secure a goalless draw and advance to their second successive Europa League final.
The visitors' Enzo Perez got a second yellow card on 67 minutes, but Juve could not make the extra man count.
On-loan Dani Osvaldo had a goal ruled out for offside before Martín Caceres's header was pushed away by Jan Oblak.
Benfica's Lazar Markovic and Juve's Mirko Vucinic were dismissed from the bench after an injury-time scuffle.
Markovic, along with Salvio who is suspended after picking up a booking, will be missing when the Portuguese champions return to Juventus Stadium on 14 May for the final against Spanish side Sevilla.
Juventus went close to the goal that would have ensured them a 'home' final and a chance to land their first piece of European silverware since their 1996 Champions League success.
But Carlos Tevez volleyed over before defender Luisao got back to divert Arturo Vidal's effort over from beneath his own crossbar in the first half.
The pressure only intensified in a second half played in heavy rain.
The Lisbon side had a rare chance when Rodrigo snatched at a shot after being put through on the right, but were forced to defend deep and in diminished numbers when Perez was sent off for his needless foul on Vidal.
Jorge Jesus's side held out, however, and the possibility of a first European trophy in 52 years, as well as a remarkable quadruple with two domestic cup final appearances to come, remains alive.
Juventus starting eleven
- 1 Buffon
- 26 Lichtsteiner
- 22 Asamoah booked at 64 minutes
- 3 Chiellini
- 19 Bonucci (substituted for Giovinco at 73 minutes')
- 4 Cáceres
- 21 Pirlo
- 6 Pogba
- 10 Tévez
- 14 Llorente (substituted for Osvaldo at 78 minutes')
- 23 Vidal (substituted for Marchisio at 79 minutes')
Benfica starting eleven
- 41 Oblak booked at 82 minutes
- 14 Maxi Pereira
- 16 Siqueira
- 35 Pérez booked at 61 minutes dismissed at 67 minutes
- 4 Luisão
- 24 Garay
- 50 Markovic dismissed at 89 minutes (substituted for Sulejmani at 86 minutes')
- 6 Amorim
- 11 Lima
- 19 Rodrigo booked at 56 minutes (substituted for Almeida at 69 minutes')
- 20 Gaitán (substituted for Salvio at 77 minutes' who was booked at 96 minutes)
- 8 Marchisio
- 9 Vucinic dismissed at 89 minutes
- 12 Giovinco
- 15 Barzagli
- 18 Osvaldo
- 20 Padoin
- 30 Storari
- 1 Artur Moraes
- 7 Cardozo
- 8 Sulejmani
- 18 Salvio
- 33 Jardel
- 34 Almeida
- 90 Cavaleiro
- Mark Clattenburg
Match stats Top
- Juventus 63%
- Benfica 37%
- Juventus 19
- Benfica 4
- Shots on target
- Juventus 7
- Benfica 1
- Juventus 9
- Benfica 2
- Juventus 17
- Benfica 17
Live data and text provided by our data suppliers