- Today , , Sleet , High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 13 mph 21 km/h West North Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , High 5°C 41°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind 16 mph 26 km/h West North Westerly
- Sat , Sleet , High 4°C 39°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 15 mph 24 km/h Northerly
- Sun , Sunny , High 4°C 39°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind 19 mph 31 km/h North North Westerly
- Mon , Thick Cloud , High 3°C 37°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind 4 mph 6 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 4°C 39°F Likely low -1°C 30°F Wind 14 mph 23 km/h North North Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 4°C 39°F Likely low -2°C 28°F Wind 11 mph 18 km/h North North Westerly
- Thu 5 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 4°C 39°F Likely low -1°C 30°F Wind 7 mph 11 km/h North North Westerly
- Fri 6 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 5°C 41°F Likely low 0°C 32°F Wind 10 mph 16 km/h Southerly
- Sat 7 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 4°C 39°F Likely low 0°C 32°F Wind 12 mph 19 km/h North North Westerly
High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F
Met Office warnings issued for Merthyr Tydfil
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 28 January at 11:24
- 1130 on Wed 28 January
- 2355 on Thu 29 January
Showers of snow across parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland on Wednesday morning will extend to parts of northern England and Wales by evening, then continue overnight and into Thursday.
Over Scotland, Northern Ireland and parts of northern England 5 cm or more may fall even at some lower levels, with more than 15 cm possible over higher ground. See separate amber warning for main risk areas. Over Wales only 1-3 cm is likely in places at low levels with 5-10 cm possible over higher ground. Strong, gusty winds will lead to drifting and temporary blizzard conditions over high ground, while icy surfaces and lightning pose additional risks in some areas.This is an update to the warning issued on Monday to extend the warning a little further south into parts of Wales.
The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel.
Issued by the Met Office